quinta-feira, 7 de junho de 2012

Baby Cymbidiums


 These are my new baby Cymbidiums. I bought each one for R$5,00. I recently repotted them, as they came with substrata of polystyrene balls and were drying out too quickly. They are now in substrata consisting of pine bark, coconut fibre and charcoal.


This one's called Cymbidium Laranja. The flowers will be orangey, yellow with red spots in the middle.

This one is called Cymbidium Ouro. The flowers will be a light goldy yellow with red spots in the middle.
This one is called Cymbidium Roxo. The flowers will be a lovely moavey purple with a creamy centre.

2 July 2012. I realized that Cimbidiums are terrestrial orchids and like a bit of normal soil. So, I moved them into the backyard and put a bit of compost in around the orquid substrata. It looked like they were getting too hot in the garage. They tend to like shadier, cooler environments.

More updates soon.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário