quarta-feira, 7 de novembro de 2012

Orchid cuttings development

 This is the cutting of either a cattleya or a laelia, i'm not sure. If anyone would like to let me know what they think it is, please do.

This was the last of my cuttings from my friend to do something. It has finally grown a new shoot. I'm a bit concerned about the leaves of the older psubulbs, though. They have bubbled leaves, as you can see in the photo (left). But the new psubulb seems to be growing well. It has one new root stretching out from under the base.

Below is a close-up of the new growth.

 These two orchids are hung on bits of wood, which are hung under some transparant roofing in my backyard. I have six bits of wood with orchids on them in total under the roofing.
This is the latest photo of the other Laelia (?) cutting. It's new psubulb is growing wonderfully strong. This one I didn't think would do anything. You can see the numerous healthy growing new roots on the base of the new psubulb.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário