sexta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2012

Orchid trellis

There's not much space left on the trellis. I recently went to an orchid exhibition and bought four micro-orchids. An oncidium, of which I don't remember the full name, and I realised when I got home that it had no tag. The photo's below:
I would be glad of any help in identifying this oncidium.

I have only recently mounted it on the piece of wood, so it'll be a while until the new growth starts to attach itself onto the wood. I have tied it on with normal sewing thread. Just strong enough to hold it.
 
 Another of the four orchid I bought was a Bulbophyllum. This actually came with a small name tag. It's name is... I can't read it. It's something like Bulb. betten.... All I know is the flowers should be a nice bright yellow. As the plant was reasonably sized, I decided to devide it and mounted both parts on two seperate pieces of wood. Here they are below:



I've noticed that the spag. moss dries out quite quickly. I'll have to remember to water the mounted orchids everyday.


And there are two more orchids I bought. There's a Rodriguezia decora:
And another micro-orchid, but I don't remember the name the guy said and it didn't come with a name tag. I know the flowers should have small, purply pink coloured flowers on a longish stem. 
 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário